Alcoeur's Apron - Breakfast
All the recipes that we will feature on Alcoeur's Apron will be soft, easy to swallow, and a great choice for elderly eaters! We try to keep all the meals under 15 ingredients so that you and your loved one have more time eating together then cooking or cleaning the kitchen. This week we are focusing on the most important meal of the day, breakfast! There are so many different variations to these two classics. Feel free to change it up or add more toppings. We are excited about all the positive feedback that we received from our first Alcoeur's Apron, we hope you enjoy this just as much!
This weeks recipes will be Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal & Peach Mango Smoothies!
Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal - Prep Time 5 Minutes - Total Time 10 Minutes - 2 Servings
What You Need
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cup water or milk
dash of sea salt
1 diced banana
2 tsp of cinnamon
- Add oats, water or milk and salt to a pot over medium/high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- You oatmeal is ready when the oats have soaked up most of the liquid and are creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in 1 tsp of cinnamon in each, add banana to top of each bowl
Peach Mango Smoothie - Prep Time 5 Minutes - Total Time 10 Minutes - 2 Servings
1 cup peeled and sliced peaches, cold (frozen peaches should be thawed)
1/2 cup chopped mangoes, cold (frozen mangoes should be thawed)
1/4 cup mango nectar, cold
1/2 of a banana
2 teaspoons sugar or honey (optional)
2 ice cubes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and purée until completely smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy cold.
*Pro Tip: Add in protein if your loved one is lacking an appetite
Let us know how your breakfast came out or what your favorite toppings are! We love seeing the pictures you send in to us!