Alcoeur's Apron - Easy to Prepare Meals for Seniors
Join us weekly as we share with you easy to prepare and easy to eat meals for Seniors. We will be updating regularly so check back often! It is important to find soft foods that seniors who have difficulty swallowing and chewing. All the recipes that we will feature on Alcoeur's Apron will be soft, easy to swallow, and a great choice for elderly eaters! We try to keep all the meals under 15 ingredients so that you and your loved one have more time eating together then cooking or cleaning the kitchen.
This weeks recipes will be Easy Chicken Bake & Classic Rice Pudding for dessert!
Easy Chicken Bake - Prep Time 10 Minutes - Total Time 40 Minutes - 2 Servings
What You Need
2/3 Cups Hot Water
1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - Cut into Bite Size Pieces
1 Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables - Thawed & Drained
1/2 Package of Stove Top Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- Add Hot Water to Stuffing Mix - Stir Until Moistened
- Combine Remaining Ingredients in Baking Dish - Top with Stuffing
- Bake 30 Minutes or Until Casserole is Heated Through & Chicken is Done
Classic Rice Pudding
What You Need
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; stir rice into boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a clean saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg, and raisins; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
Let us know how your recipes came out! We love feedback and seeing pictures of the delicious meals you have prepared!