Thinking of sending your mother or grandmother flowers this Mother's Day? Did you know that many flowers and plants are toxic to people that may ingest them? While you may think that bringing your Mom a bouquet full of lilies is a nice gesture, keep in mind eating non-edible items is a symptom of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
This of course doesn't mean that you have to forego buying flowers this Mother's Day as there are several edible flowers that won't cause any harm if accidentally ingested. Such as, Roses, Sunflowers,
Lavender, hibiscus, carnations, daisies, daylilies, geraniums, Japanese honeysuckle, marigolds, passion flowers, snapdragons and more.
Taking the right precautions to keep your loved one safe this Mother's Day doesn't mean they have to go without. Just be sure to use safe, edible flowers in your arrangements this year to give your mother
or grandmother a spectacular bouquet that lets her know how much she means to you.
Here is a short list for your reference of poisonous, non-edible flowers: Crocus, Azalea, Calla lily, Daffodil, Hyacinth, marigold, and Philodendron, just to name a few.